Monday, September 7, 2020

Launching My Vancouver Dance History: Artist Salons and Zoom Interviews

This week I am launching my new book, My Vancouver Dance History: Story, Movement, Community, in a series of COVID-safe salons with the dance artists I write about.

Details: September 6 – 12, 2020 | Daily: 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM @ Morrow (Dumb Instrument Dance’s pop-up venue, 336 West Pender Street, Vancouver).

The schedule is as follows:

Sunday, September 6: Barbara Bourget and Jay Hirabayashi (Kokoro Dance)

Monday, September 7: Rob Kitsos

Tuesday, September 8: Ziyian Kwan (Dumb Instrument Dance)*

Wednesday, September 9: Tara Cheyenne Friedenberg (Tara Cheyenne Performance)

Thursday, September 10: Lesley Telford (Inverso Dance)

Friday, September 11: James Gnam and Natalie LeFebvre Gnam (plastic orchid factory)

Saturday, September 12: Justine A. Chambers and Alexa Mardon

*Vanessa Goodman (Action at a Distance) is unable to make it due to a prior commitment.

I will be conducting brief Zoom conversations with each of the artists about how they have adapted to the strange and unsettling times we're currently living through. I'll post the videos (and/or links) here daily.

Here's my brief introduction to the series:

P


No comments: