Sunday, February 8, 2015

PuSh 2015: Las Cafeteras and Wrap Party

Last night I finally made my way to Club PuSh for the first time this Festival to take in the L.A. combo Las Cafeteras. The septet (four men, three women) of self-described "border children" mixes African and Mexican beats with a SoCal hipster vibe and a social justice message that is as infectious as it is timely. They had the entire room bouncing by the end of their energetic set, which culminated in a version of Ritchie Valens' "La Bamba."

Following the performance by Las Cafeteras, we segued seamlessly into PuSh's wrap party, which was mostly an excuse to keep drinking and dancing and celebrating another amazing Festival. I happily indulged for as long as I could, which meant till about 12:45 am. Then it was home to bed and instant sleep.

It's certainly been a jam-packed three weeks; all I can say is that I'm grateful next week is SFU's Reading Break.

Till next year.

P.

No comments: